An Excellent Way to Remedy a Decayed Tooth
If you have a decayed tooth that can’t be repaired with a simple filling, a porcelain crown may be an excellent way to remedy the situation. Dr. Whitehouse regularly fits her patients with porcelain crowns, and she is pleased to provide this service to her patients in the Austin, TX area.
Top Reasons to Choose Derby Dental for Porcelain Crowns
- Porcelain crowns are an effective way to salvage a badly decayed tooth
- Porcelain crowns can be created to very closely match the color of your natural teeth, making them barely noticeable
- Dr. Whitehouse and her staff have several years of experience in fitting patients with porcelain crowns
Important Information about Porcelain Crowns
Dr. Whitehouse may recommend porcelain crowns for her patients that have any of the following conditions:
- A broken tooth
- A tooth that is misshaped
- A badly decayed tooth that can’t be repaired with a filling
- A tooth that has undergone a root canal
Porcelain crowns are custom-made to completely cover the existing tooth. This type of dental material is extremely strong and durable, which means that crowns usually last for many, many years.
The Procedure Involved with Porcelain Crowns
A patient that will be fitted with a new porcelain crown will need to make two trips to our Austin, TX office to complete the procedure. During the first visit, Dr. Whitehouse will take a digital impression of the existing tooth, which will be used to create the crown. There is no need for messy impression, all of the images will be taken digitally with our CEREC® Omnicam. Next, Dr. Whitehouse will remove any existing decay from the tooth and prepare it for the crown. During that first visit, the patient will also be fitted with a temporary crown. On the second visit, the patient will be fitted with the new, permanent crown, and the tooth will be fully functional once again.